Open your email on any given day, and you're sure to see multiple daily deals for laser hair removal. Don't jump so fast! Choosing the right clinic for laser hair removal could mean a great deal to the overall result and even your well-being!
There are certain things you should know before you go in for laser hair removal.
1. Make sure you choose a certified laser hair removal technician. Ask to see their credentials.
2. Make sure there is a doctor on site to be available for an emergency! Many med spas have a doctor "oversee" the clinic but is not actually on-site.
3. A doctor should be on site to also check your medical history. Some medications and birth control can interfere with laser treatments.
4. Your skin & hair color will make a big difference in your result. Make sure the clinic you choose carefully screens you. (Blondes and red heads don't respond well to the lasers)
5. Make sure your clinic is clean. How a tech cleans the laser in between clients is extremely important.
6. You should trust your technician implicitly. A common "trick" for clinics is to turn down the intensity of the laser so that you actually have to come back more often to get a good result. It will end up costing you more in the end!
7. Make sure you get good pre-treatment instructions. For example, don't go tanning before a treatment! It will altar the results.
8. Make sure you know the type of laser your clinic uses. Different lasers work differently on different skin types. It's best to have a clinic that has a couple of lasers to treat your specific needs.