Men sometimes complain about losing the hair on their head, but often there are places on the body where you really do want to lose hair! Laser hair removal can be an ideal solution if you’re into aesthetic manscaping but also for purely practical reasons. It is the obvious solution when you have too much hair, but equally helpful if you have too little hair that looks patchy on your face or scalp.
If you’re involved in water sports or cycling, sleek skin on your face and body can improve performance, shaving off time as you’re moving through air or the water. However, here at Raval Facial Aesthetics, we are focused on the face and neck. So let’s zero in on the most visible parts of your body – your head and neck. Even in this seemingly limited area, laser hair removal presents multiple opportunities for men.
Waxing hurts and shaving can lead to multiple irritating issues:
- razor burn
- rough, sandy feeling skin and visible 5 0’clock shadow
- embarrassing “oops” nicks or accidentally weird beard or mustache shaping
- ingrown hairs – some men tend to be particularly vulnerable to this issue. A condition called pseudofolliculitis causes hairs to grow inward in multiple directions, which can even result in scarring.
Laser hair removal solves those problems for everyone, but it can do even more for men:
- greater comfort year round and cooler in hot weather
- save time and money
- consistently tidy, polished appearance
- improved personal hygiene (hairs can trap oils and odors)
And, yes, there are many potential aesthetic benefits. Laser hair removal is so versatile, we can treat larger areas and also very tiny ones:
- embarrassing ear or nose hairs
- scalp -- you can proactively take on balding. If you’re not up for the gradual balding process, you can go straight to an all-over smooth scalp. If you’re okay with being partially bald, laser hair removal can eliminate random remaining hairs that can lead to the dreaded comb-over.
- beard – achieve sharp definition of your beard, mustache or goatee
- hairline – achieve better definition at your temples and on your cheeks
- neck – the front where your beard creeps down toward the middle of your throat, plus the hairline and back of your neck
- fingers and the backs of your hands – your hands are far more visible than you realize, especially in certain types of jobs. More presentable hands complete your overall professional appearance.
Quick Treatments, No Downtime
It takes just a few minutes to treat most areas. Laser hair removal is not painful, patients typically say it feels like a rubber band snap. And there is no recovery time required, so treatments are convenient.
However, there are two things to keep in mind:
- It’s a gradual process. You will need multiple treatments to achieve desired results because hair grows in cycles and the laser only targets actively growing hairs. You might need a half dozen sessions (we space them 3-4 weeks apart), but once you’re done you can say goodbye to shaving and all the negatives that come with it. A few hairs may reappear at some point in the future, but we can easily get rid of those as needed. Meanwhile, you’ll be confidently looking smooth and sharp, day in and day out.
- Skin and hair color can affect results. Lasers require contrast between skin and hair follicles to work safely, so the best candidates are those with light skin and dark, coarse hair. But laser technology has improved tremendously, and here at Raval Facial Aesthetics we can treat a wider range of men, including those with darker skin.
Is laser hair removal right for you? Schedule a personal consultation to find out. We can answer all your questions, learn about your aesthetic goals and examine your skin. Together we can craft a personalized aesthetic plan to get you right where you want to be!
- Botox/Dermal Fillers
- Chemical Peels
- Chin Augmentation
- Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Deviated Septum
- Eyelid Procedures
- Headaches/Excessive Sweating
- Healthy Living
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Treatments
- Nasal Valve Collapse
- Non-Surgical Procedures
- Skin Care
- Thread Lifts
- Wrinkle Treatments