We all know that Botox can help reduce lines on the forehead, crows feet and the glabella (frown lines between the eyebrows). But did you know Botox and Dysport can help in many other areas? Here are 5 surprising uses for Botox that you never thought about!
1. Gummy Smile. Sometimes smiling shows more than just those pearly whites. Showing too much gum above the teeth is not very desirable. Using Botox on the upper lip causes it to weaken, which in turn won't let it rise as high.
2. Over-Zealous Sweating. We can't help it when we sweat. Some people experience severe sweating in the armpits and even the palms of the hands and the bottoms of the feet. Botox can be injected in either of these places to block the chemical that stimulates the sweat glands.
3. Migraines. Migraine headaches are debilitating. Now Botox is FDA approved to treat these headaches. Injected into 7 areas around the temples, forehead, neck and even the shoulders, Botox really eases the symptoms associated with migraines.
4. Bunny Lines. You know those little lines on either side of your nose when you scrunch it up? Those are your bunny lines, and on some people, they're really noticeable. Simply injecting Botox into the sides of the nose relaxes the muscle and magically gets rid of those funny wrinkles.
5. Muscle Spasms. Whether a patient is experiencing neck spasms or eye spasms, Botox can be used to relax the muscle responsible for the spasm, and temporarily cure the annoying issue.
While only a few of these are FDA approved, doctors are experimenting with Botox injections all over the body. Some early evidence suggests that it can be helpful in so many ways. From hair loss to overactive bladders and cerebral palsy patients, Botox can make the quality of life better for many people. It's not just for beauty anymore!